Thanks to WCB Secretary Richard Crocker for the minutes from our March 16 meeting.
Minutes for March 16, 2019 Meeting
Souls present: 24
Welcome, opening of meeting by Jeff Battaglini at 1:00
- Motion by Richard Crocker to move the bylaws as presented, second by Rob Mather. Passed to accept by laws. None opposed.
- Officers voted on were Jeff Battaglini president, Richard Crocker Secretary. Both elected. We still need vice president and treasurer.
- Funding; Soup to Nuc raffle for $10.00 per ticket, 20 tickets. Nuc won by Nate Shipman. Bees donated by Jeff Battaglini, 5 frame equipment donated by Richard Crocker.
- Discussed hosting July 13th VBA Summer meeting. Nancy Frye agreed to be coordinator. Lesley reported on progress, more at the next meeting. Jill agreed to be raffle coordinator, more for the next meeting. More information on the VBA website. There is a list of tasks to help.
- Update on Vermont bill 205 by Jeff B as it winds its way through the legislature.
- Farmers market hosted by the Windham County Historical society August 25th in Newfane. Talked about tents from Green Mountain Tent. Discussed a banner for booths and booths in general. No decision.
- Logo: Talked about a Logo. Deb Osowski shared process about logo development. More work to be done. (example at the top of this page).
- Rob Mather talked about an opportunity for a booth at the Vermont Honey show at the Stage Coach Inn in Cavendish Sept 12-13. Should we have a table?
- Dues and Membership: Discussed dues and membership. Richard Crocker made a motion to charge $10 per year membership fee. Family $15.00 and students under 18, $5.00. Everyone is welcome to attend a meeting. On the nights we have a paid speaker there will be a suggested donation for non-members. Motion passed.
- Richard will sign up people that want to be members at the next meeting in April. For now we will need cash.
- Jeff B says register yards!
- Jeff Battaglini presented about the beekeeper’s tool box. Peter Hadeka presented about coraplast hive wrap.
Next meeting on April 13th, 1:00 at the Newfane Library.